Monday, June 23, 2008

Our garden

I know, some of you are gone. But here are some photos of our garden. I just picked lettuce and onions. We had fresh steamed with garlic spinach over the weekend. I finally found some Silver Queen corn seed and there is a row and a half of it. 180 day growing time - I hope it makes it. The other corn is Jubilee and Bodacious, a yellow corn and very popular around here. Artichokes - I have never grown them. We'll see how they do. I will probably vacuum freeze some beans. And of course, there are always herbs - Rosemary, basil (several types), thyme (several types), cilantro, parsley, French tarragon and Greek oregano. Pick the basil just before the first frost and vacuum freeze it. The tarragon, parsley, rosemary and oregano will be back next year.

No comments: